Parent meetings help kick the season off to a good start. It's a time to make introductions of players and parents, set expectations and schedules, and distribute team duties among the parents. Remember, many hands make light work, so parents should be ready to jump in and help! The more parents participate in the "off field" operations of a soccer team, the more fun the season will be! Get to know your fellow parents and you'll build team spirit and show your player some serious support!
Here is a list of some functions parents can sign up for:
- Canopy - Responsible for bringing "pop up" canopy for shade/rain as needed
- Picture Day - Communicate Picture Dates and times to all players
- PCA Parent - Attend Positive Coaching Alliance meeting, be the "sideline" parent who keeps everyone positive
- Team Photographer - If you've got a shutterbug on the team, use them!
- Snack - Assign snack duties for the season
- Team Bench / Banner - Responsible for bringing Bench and Banner to all games (this can be separated)
- Social Coordinator - Plan and coordinate Team socials
- Sponsor - Submit sponsor paperwork to the club (other parents can help secure the sponsor)
- Manager - Communicates schedules to parents and may help update a Team Page on Shutterfly
- Treasurer- Manage Team Funds and report to the parents (this is most applicable to our Competitive teams)
- Tournaments - Research available tournaments, handle registration, communication and scheduling (Comp teams)
- Registration - Ensure all EYSC Registration paperwork is completed and returned to the club on time (Comp)
- Uniforms - Verify all players have ordered uniforms, pick up at Extreme soccer and deliver to the team (Comp)